Thursday, November 12, 2009

kept my promise

Here I am, already the next day. HA! So I tell Dawn that I finally got around to writing on the blog, and she says..."Bill, there aren't any pictures". As if I don't do enough around here...haha (kidding). So I added a picture of Ella from this morning to this post. One is of the angel cheesing out in her high chair. Hope to add more this weekend.


Today has been a pretty average day. Dawn got a new winter coat at Old Navy and I got Gage some rawhides (comparable, right?). We have been craigslisting quite a bit recently. We have nabbed a center island/chopping block for the kitchen, a california-king bed for our room (to make our old queen available in the spare bedroom), and a love seat and sofa set. But, the love seat and sofa came with a bit of dirt on them from the previous owner. So we will be resovling the problem with a Rug Doctor soon. We are going to go look at a dining set on Sunday.


In addition to cleaning those couches, I need to hang pictures in the house and paint the stairwell banister to match our chocolate wall in the foyer.


My old roommate from College is coming to visit on Saturday. Tim and his wife Kaylee live in Hutchinson and will be in town doing some wedding stuff for their upcoming nuptials next Spring. Pretty stoked for Timmy to come see the new place and to meet his new puppy Fenton.


I have been keeping my eyes peeled for the Black Friday Best Buy ad. I am hoping to score a cheap plasma for our bedroom, but the budget might not allow. Can't a guy dream?


Song: I'm Alive - Kenny Chesney & DMB


Memory: As promised, my "peeing my pants" story...Let me preface this story by saying I was a pansy as a child growing up. Never went to the hospital, never broke a bone, etc, and I did as I was told. Second grade in Mrs. Nelson's class we had a writing test. During this test, we weren't allowed to get up from our desks or talk to any of our neighbors, the usual rules during a test, so I obliged. Well, when a guy has to go, he has to go...so, repsecting my teachers instructions, I didn't leave my desk and went. It just so happened that I was wearing the most unfortable thing in the world that day: blue jeans. Don't get me wrong, I love Neil Diamond (and can do a pretty wicked impression when the mood strikes), but I hated jeans with a passion when growing up. They were too crunchy and didn't let me move like I wanted to...so I wore sweatpants about 90% of the time. There you have it. You basically got 2 stories in one on that one. Next memory: when us kids sprayed a water house at a car passing by when the windows were down...funny then, horrible to think about now.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment