Sunday, November 22, 2009

in the holiday spirit

This weekend was full of holiday preparation. We are going to Mom and Dad Springer's house for Thanksgiving on Thursday. And we can't wait to go to North Dakota to see all the family for Christmas. We hung up Christmas lights today since the weather was so nice. We grabbed quite a bit of holiday decor so we can deck out the new house. We are planning on putting up the rest of the decorations and the trees next weekend. Dawn even got the chance to bust-out the KitchenAid for the first time. Deserts for Thanksgiving on are the menu!



Ella was funnier than ever this weekend. She is talking like crazy and scooting around the house. She has moved past eating baby food and is eating all adult food. Pizza, pasta, meatloaf, just to name a few. We sent out invites for her first birthday party on the 12th. She has even gotten used to her bean bag chair and usually watches Sesame Street in the morning.



Dad and I went and got sheet rock on Saturday morn so we can make more progress on the master bath. It would be stellar to have it sheet rocked and painted by the time we have her party. The funds are tight since we are still waiting for our First-Time Home Buyers Tax Credit. So, although the vanity, medicine cabinet, and shower may not be installed, it would at least look a little more finished. But, we know Dad is busy on the job search, so we take things as they come. The progress we have made thus far is tremendous.



We have met most of our neighbors now. Scott and Kara, and their kids, Noah and Toby who live directly across River Hills, stopped by and chatted with us on Saturday afternoon. We are looking forward to having a house warming shindig in the Spring so we can meet them all again. They have all been super nice and welcoming. I actually had to borrow Tony Schmitz's ladder to get onto the roof to finalize the lights.



I am fighting again with my eye infection. This happens once or twice a year. We think it's stress related. It is a real pain in the ass though, I tell you what! This seems to be the worse bought I have had in a long time. Its the biggest hassle cause everyone assumes that it is pink-eye and that it is super contagious.



Song: Carrie Underwood - How Great Thou Art



Memory: I promised a story about The Buckle. As you may have seen in a Facebook post, I had a good collection of jobs in my childhood. One of which was a sales position at The Buckle. The ideology of The Buckle is that if you approach the customer as soon as they enter the store and find out what kind of person they are or who they are shopping for, you can help them to find what they are looking for (and sell them more). I think that is BS especially since that is not how I shop. When I am looking for new clothes, I really don't know what I am looking for. So the last thing I want is to have a salesman breathing down my neck. So, in the end, I only was employed for three days and they recommended I move to work at the register...in the end, I didn't go back. I was 16 at the time, so it prolly wasn't the smartest way to go about things, but I had had my fill of retail sales. Future memory...my approach to water sports as a child (which didn't include water skiing).



I will write again before t-day. Have a good short week folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment