Tuesday, November 10, 2009

its been long enough

it has been on my mind for some time to get back to blogging. I found some inspiration from a good friend of the Springer family, Carmen Lee. The Lord's plan finally came to be this last Summer when He brought Gail, Carmen's wife, to her final resting place. Since her passing, Carmen has been blogging about his daily struggles, triumphs, and activities. I commend him for opening up and sharing his struggles and pray that he continues to find comfort. I realized after reading a few posts of his that I do enjoy reading what his days are filled with (most of which are more eventful and thoughtful than mine). And although mine may never be as insightful and meaningful as his are, I would rather have something to look back at in the future than not. Call it a blog, a journal, a diary, what have you. And on that note, I am not here to check all punctuation and grammar, so if there are grammatical errors, deal with it.


In the most recent days, we have been dealing with Ella's cold (or what we think was a cold). It seems like it has been a month now where she has had coughing stints for 10 minutes at random times during the night. We finally took her to the doc last night and the best solution they had was that she has had a few different colds over time. That and the combination of possibly new teeth coming in. We shall see.


We have also been busy with still unpacking and remolding. We officially moved in the River Hills house on the 24th of October. I think we have made good head-way on the boxes, but I don't think the remodeling/painting will ever end. Even though its been unfortunate circumstances, Dad has had some time to work on projects at our house because he is unemployed. But, I know he enjoys the projects to pass the time. We have already most of our neighbors and they have been kind and welcoming! Its killer to have neighbors that don't share a wall with you!!


Back to Ella...we are planning her first birthday party already. Man oh live! I cna't believe its been that long already. I know, thats what everyone says, but, holy crap.


Work is busier than ever. Planning and carrying out the migration to a new content management system along with a redesign of the entire csp.edu website. That, along with continuing to push the higher-ed envelope with social media, has been exhausting. Twitter Contests are next on the agenda.


Dawn's job is rockin and rollin. She loves her co-workers and is really looking forward to making a bigger mark at Northern Tool. I am excited for her and can't wait for more of her marketing experience to be flushed out in her current role and any future roles.


That is a brief update in a nutshell. I won't be as bland in upcoming posts! With each of these posts, I want to make two things a regular practice...recent song I am listening to and a brief memory from the past (since I am only getting older and am forgetting these things).


Song: Need to Breathe: Washed by the Water


Memory: My 5th (golden) birthday...a typical young kids birthday. 5 or 6 of my friends from the Richfield neighborhood. The main thing I remember about it is that we played red light-green light in the drive way and it was flippin snowing...in April. Good one God. Next memory...why I peed my pants in the 2nd grade. Stay tuned.


Hope to keep this up and be back in the next day or two. Laters

No comments:

Post a Comment