Wednesday, March 3, 2010

right foot in

Where do I begin??? I'll break it down quickly, Ella is walking...kind of, Gage has a shock collar, Dawn and I are about the same, and the Olympics are over.




Since the last post, Ella has started to take her first steps. She hasn't taken off by herself yet, but loves to walk from one person to another or from the coffee table to us. But, as we all guessed, when company comes over, she is shy and won't take those steps. She also learned the hokie pokie at day care and loves doing it at random. She continues to be a good eater and has her own little schedule of going to bed at 7pm and waking up at 6am. She has also joined the chorus at church. She loves to sing with the canter when we are in mass. Love it! A little bed head shot here for ya.



Last Saturday we participated with some of Dawn's coworkers at the MOA for a fundraising walk for juvenile diabetes. Ella was a hambone for all the folks there and it was a nice walk.



Gage and I still go on occasional walks. But, he broke the camels back last weekend when he didn't come inside for when we needed to go to church. And had he been a good boy, we would have been fine with that. But, instead, he barked the whole time. So I marched myself into the closest Petsmart and invested a little.



The weather has been flippin' awesome recently. The 40's and the 50's...does this mean no more snow? We can only hope!



Song: Bonnie Raitt - Angel from Montgomery



Memory: Speaking of Gage and since I got a picture sent to me from my Dad, I have to take a moment to remember Mitzy. She was a good dog. And it was fitting that she was a Springer. My Uncle Mike owned a pet store in Moorhead. I don't recall the reason why he had this dog, but my Dad, being the dog lover that he is, took her in. Nonetheless, she loved the cabin and to roll around in fish. From what I remember, she was with us for at least 10 years. In the end, she ended up being blind and deaf, both of which we didn't know. We learned of these fun facts when we sold her to a farmer in MN who call us weeks later. She was a great dog. RIP mitzy. This picture is Mitzy and my cousin Mike in our Richfield house. Ahhhh, the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment