Wednesday, March 31, 2010

flip flops and board shorts

Alright, its not that warm, but this week is so awesome. It's forecasted to be in the 70's all week. And Ella can't get enough of it. She is always hanging out by the sliding door, bossing us to go outside.



After running into our neighbor Amanda on a few of our walks, she stopped by on Sunday night. She is expecting and it will be nice to have close neighbors to catch up with! It was especially night to hear after the terrible news we learned of another friend.



Before I forget, I have to quickly mention that Jamie Cullum shot a music video at Concordia a few weeks back. Nothing magnificent, but I was able to see the 'ol chap, which was neat.



For the first time since moving in (and chances are, for a long time in this house), we are able to shower in our master bathroom! And by painting the bathroom, we have paint every square inch of the main floor with new paint (both ceilings and wall). Even though its only been 6 months, its seems that every week we find another cheap fix or work around which sucks to find. Its more expensive for us to fix. But over time, we will tackle it all! If only we had more time!! Once its all said and done, we will add pictures of the remodels.



song: see below...



memory: Being that his name came to mind, I have to recall all the pets in my life thus far. 1. Tootser, technically my cousin Chrissy's dog (since my uncle Mike owned a pet store, but she resided and Grandma Evy & Grandpa Hugh's house; 2. The sole reason why I write these memories, and I can't remember this darn dog's name. Well, she was a nipper, so she didn't last long; 3. Mitzy, the Springer Spaniel we had for a number of years (as seen in a previous post) loved the cabin (she was sold to a farmer in rural MN who later told us she was blind and deaf); 4. Ulysses was a pet chipmunk I had for a few weeks while bringing him back to full health (he escaped into the Carlsbad house after gaining strength on Novartis cancer medication); 5. Eugene was a pet iguana I bought off of the Underground (UND's Craigslist)...he was alright. I sold him back on the Underground after 6 months (he never rested on my shoulder like I was hoping); 6. Macy, ahhh the beloved miniature pincher, was precious. She ended up migrating to my parents house who later sold her to a lady who worked at PetsMart; 7. and then there is Gage. He is still around.



No pictures or a song this time, but a video of NTB's last song they sang at First Ave. We were standing next to the guy who shot this video. Hugh Jr. was a few feet away from the band when they sang this acoustic version:

No comments:

Post a Comment