Wednesday, April 21, 2010

it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

This weather can't get any better. It seems that every night we are outside enjoying the backyard with Ella and Gage, doing yard work and day dreaming about projects we want to do! The only we aren't looking forward to is mowing and raking!



Ella is telling more stories and saying more words. "Ouch" and "Hi" are frequenters and an occasional "Gage". Nodding yes usually follows any question you ask her. Although she does rely on the crawling quite a bit, she is walking more and more. She likes to try and wear Mom's jewelry. And if she has her hands full, she will hold things in her mouth or under her chin.



I don't want to dwell on it, but I did accept a new position at Northern Tool and will be starting their in their marketing department as an Ecommerce Web Designer. It will be swell to work at the same place as Dawnzer and with that stellar people she works with. But with that said, a full time gig for my Dad, Brother Hugh and Rose are still in need!



song: Justin Bieber ft. Ludacris - Baby (Don't hate You Bieber, You Brought Her)



memory: Planting new plants in the backyard and attempting to grow grass in bear spots reminded me of the many Summers in Merrifield at the cabin. My father, being the perfectionist that he is, was always worried about planting new shrubs and making sure fresh, green blades of grasss were visible on every square inch of the lot. What this meant? Always filling a 5 gallon bucket of blue Miracle Grow water. It seems every time I turned around I was filling another damn bucket. But hey, it was a cool, blue color. Oh those Summer days. I realize now how much my rents worked at the cabin when they should have been playing!



Since I am in the mood for more music talk, I have to mention these song lyrics. The song, Bed Rock, its quite a sick lyrical song, but this line is so fly (yep, I said it):


I love your sushi rolls, hotter then wasabi
I race for your love, shake-n-bake, ricky bobby


Lastly, I mentioned in a previous post about how Jamie Cullum was on the Concordia campus to shoot a music video. Its been released and its a pretty cool vid, especially how it features the CU sports facility. Anywho, check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment