Tuesday, January 19, 2010

#TeamConan

I am fallin' behind in these posts, darnit! It seems like the last couple of weeks have been a whirl wind. Between slowly unpacking more boxes, seeing neighbors and family, and just getting through each work day, the nights are getting shorter and the mornings coming sooner.



At about 11pm every night, Ella seems misplace her pacifier and wakes up bummed out. Other than that, she is back to her normal sleep schedule. Dawn and Ella appear to be over their colds. I am on the back end of mine as well. More talking, screaming and tiny steps are taking up our time. She is fully attached to her Mr. Bear and her pacifier. And she loves the kitchen cabinets. She took a bad spill off the couch tonight, but other than that, dent free for the wee one! You will see in this picture that she is following in her father footsteps with her love of Gems.



In terms of world news, last week was taken up by the earth quake in Haiti and the Late Night fiasco with Jay Leno and Conan on NBC. Its been pretty incredible how social media has made its impact on these. Red Cross setup a system where you can text a 5 digit number and you will automatically donate $10 for the cause. Its been said that there could be up to 50,000 casualties in the aftermath in Haiti. And Twitter has taken the Conan/Leno situation by storm with the #TeamConan tag.



We had Friday night dinner at the Fossen's our neighbor and a member of the People of Praise. Chuck Fossen is plays electric guitar at community meetings of the P.O.P. so he knows my bro and my dad well. He was celebrating his 50th birthday. Seeing the Fossen family and other family friends was nice. Josh and Shena came to the cities on Saturday afternoon to go to the Vikings game on Sunday. We had dinner with them at the Woodfire Grill in Eagan and they came over to see on place afterwards. We watched the Sioux/Gopher with them and enjoyed a few beverages. Sunday we spent running errands, cleaning house, and watching the Vikes game.



Song: Train - Hey, Soul Sister



Memory: Ah the memory of the office chair, the soul reason that Dawn fell in love with me when I was courting her. OK, kidding, it's obvious she loves me for my dashing good looks and flowing, long locks, but that is besides the point. Either way, when Dawn and I were spending more time together, I decided it would be nice of me to buy her a house warming gift when she moved into a different apartment. So, I got her an office chair. This wasn't any office chair, pretty much top of the line. After the chair was constructed, the rest was history. A small step in what became the beginning of the Springer family. Being that I took a peak at my basketball card collection, I will speak to that in my next memory.



This coming weekend is the first in a long time where we don't have plans or out of town visitors...hopefully its nice and relaxing. We are starting to think about our house warming party in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment