Sunday, December 6, 2009

kiss central

No, we didn't turn a new leaf and become new fans of KISS. Ella has been a kissing machine. When you ask for a kiss, she turns to you and open hers mouth. Precious girl! For the first time in a while, she had a pretty rough night on Friday night. Although she was crying for most of the night, it brought me back to the days of when she was a wee babe and we had to walk her to sleep cause she wouldn't fall asleep on her own. It is true...they grow up too fast. Speaking of baby #2, we don't have any to share, but I imagine baby #2 talk with start sooner than later. Back to my speaking of...we were at a Christmas party on Saturday night and it was quite the hike to get up to the party since it was on the North side of the cities. So Dawn and I didn't indulge at all. My Dad came to Dawn midway through the party and asked her if she was pregnant!



Ella had her 1 year pictures on Saturday...tear! She did pretty well and we can't wait for them to come back! After her pictures, Grandma Evy and Mr. G were in town since Jackie had her Midwest DECA conference to host. So they stopped by...Mr. G delivered some firewood for our fireplace and for the Winter season. Grandma was just content visiting and seeing Ella Claire! Ella got a precious gold, baby bracelet present from her great-grandma. I will post a picture once I grab it off the camera.



Although it meant more work over the weekend, big news came down the pipeline on Saturday night when Concordia's women's volleyball team won their 3rd straight national championship, in front of their home crowd too. It was cool to work on the web-side of things of YouTube videos and news postings to various CSP websites. I am hoping to launch a killer 3-Peat Championship website by mid-week. That, along with all the redesign projects I have cooking, its been a busy week!



Dawn has been quite busy putting Ella's stocking together. She bought a stocking kit off of Amazon. Although its a quite simple project, its still pretty time-consuming. The billions of sequins that are on this thing are amazing! It will look stellar on the mantle when she gets done with it (another photog I will post). I have been busy with those Golden Bear videos, but more importantly, our 2009 Christmas card. They were printed last night and we hope to get them in the mail early this week.



Song: Michael Buble - Just Haven't Met You Yet


Memory: My intention of having this memory section of posts was to recall stories that were slipping my mind, since I am only getting older. Although I love to keep you (all 2 of you) entertained, these memories may be a bit stale. The first home I lived in in Richfield was across the street from a elementary school (Centennial to be exact). This was my parents second home, but is the house I have lived in the longest thus far. All of the teachers, receptionists, principals, school nurses knew that we lived there and new our parents relatively well. On Saturdays and Sundays, I would spend time riding my bike and kicking the soccer ball around in the parking lot and the baseball field of the school. To keep myself entertained, I would kick the ball against the wall of the school. More often than not, the ball had its own plans and it would end up on the roof of the school. For some reason of another, I also became buddies with Scott, the school janitor. At the time I was probably 8 and he was probably in his early 30's. At any rate, once the school was closed in the afternoon he would take me on the roof with him to throw the ball down. Probably something he could get fired for now a days, but something pretty special for me at the time. Ah, memories.



We are stoked for this weekend because of Ella's big party (even though we still have so much to do). Charmaine is coming for the party and to visit us. So it will be a busy week, but an awesome weekend!



We are just catching Robin William's stand-up act on HBO so I gotta run.

No comments:

Post a Comment